Kylie Jenner and the Mystery Baby

by Stephanie Lawrenson

Keeping up with Kylie Jenner – the reality television personality, model, entrepreneur, and social media personality has been an exhausting affair over the past ten months. The “lip kit queen” kept her pregnancy with father Jacques Webster, better known by his rap name Travis Scott, completely confidential. On February 4, 2018, the two new parents publicly announced the arrival of their baby girl, Stormi Webster, to millions of anxious fans waiting to find out if Kylie was actually pregnant. Kylie posted on her Instagram page to over 103 million followers that she needed to “prepare for this role of a lifetime in the most positive, stress free, and healthy way [she] knew how.” Fortunately, she had the support of close family and friends to aid in the baby business.

During her secret pregnancy, the Twitter community struck up multiple conspiracy theories regarding Kylie’s absence from social media and public events. Theories ranged from Kylie being sister Kim Kardashian’s surrogate, to the whole pregnancy being erroneous. Fans were finally left satisfied when an eleven-minute “video diary” was posted to Youtube; “To Our Daughter” recaps Kylie and newborn Stormi’s journey.

Newborn Stormi Webster entered the world on February 1, 2018 at 4:43pm. She weighed 8 lbs and 9 oz. The announcement of her birth was not until February 4, 2018; the Super Bowl. Leave it up to the Kardashian family to steal the excitement from an annual National Football League championship game.