The Perfect Goodbye: ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Airs Its Series-Finale

The cast of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Image source- Depositphotos.

NBC’s beloved NYPD sitcom ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ aired its series finale on Thursday night after eight seasons.

The show, which aired on FOX for its first five seasons, held a one-hour finale episode at eight o’clock on NBC. The episode, titled ‘The Last Day’ marked the end of the show’s eight-year run.

The show first premiered on FOX in 2013 and was originally set to end after season five. However, after lots of backlash from fans, NBC decided to pick up the show and air it for three more seasons.

The episode followed the characters as they made their final goodbyes and looked back on eight years of working together as NYPD detectives. The characters also held one last “heist” competition—a common occurrence on the show.

A selfie of some of the cast members on their last day of filming. Image credit- Melissa Fumero’s Instagram.

One beloved character—Gina Linetti (played by Chelsea Peretti) made a guest appearance after having left during season six.

‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ has had a major impact on both fans and the cast. The show shared statements from each major cast member on their social media describing how much it has meant to them to work together over the past eight years. Many of them mentioned how the cast became a second family to them, and how they will be forever impacted by their work on the series.

Dan Goor, the show’s co-creator, stated on Twitter Thursday night, “Tonight is the series finale of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Thank you to everyone who ever worked on it and to everyone who ever watched it. Making this show has been the pride of my life. I can’t believe it’s almost over”

All episodes of ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’, including the series finale, are available to watch on Hulu.