Cobra Kai Season Five Review: No Mercy

After the All-Valley Competition, Cobra Kai is on the rise, owned now by Terry Silver. The snake has slithered its way all throughout the valley. They are making children into bullies and fights continue to break out at public places. That is just the start of season five of Cobra Kai.

This show is a continuation of the Karate Kid movies with Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence as adults passing on their love for karate to their children.

This season is full of fights and manipulation, but also love, compassion, and teamwork. It starts with LaRusso and Lawrence’s dojos shutting down due to losing the competition, but that’s just what they think. We see Tory Nichols, a student of Cobra Kai, having a discussion with Sliver about how he paid the reef for her to win. With the next World Competition coming up, everyone knows Silver must be stopped.

She continues to find a way to take Silver down for everything he did, but she cannot do it alone. Nichols goes to her rival Samantha LaRusso to try and talk to her. In the next scene, everyone from LaRusso’s dojo works together to hack into Cobra Kai’s security camera to expose Silver for the All-Valley. After over 50 students fighting and Silver fighting LaRusso and Lawrence, everyone saw the video. This scene was extremely powerful because all the students from Cobra Kai threw their gear at him.

They were letting go of all their hate and anger towards people who didn’t deserve it. Where does this leave all the dojos? What will happen at this World Competition? This season has left me on the edge of my seat. Cobra Kai displays that holding grudges and hate is not worth it, that someone can accomplish anything with the right people in their corner.

The promo picture for the Netflix Original Series: Cobra Kai Season Five