Bruins Fall Victim to an Avalanche

The Bruins played skillfully in last night’s game against the Colorado Avalanche, despite falling 6-3.

Among those who played spectacularly was 22-year-old left-winger Jake DeBrusk, who scored two goals in last night’s game. DeBrusk, who is in his second year as a left wing, struggled in the first month of this season. In the last five games, he has scored four goals, and six points. His most recent performance has made up for his poor start, and he is on track to surpass his 16 goals from the previous season, having scored seven in just eighteen games. On the downside, DeBrusk has an 18.4% shooting percentage. 

David Pastrnak also scored his seventeenth goal of the season, which gives him the NHL lead in goals. The Bruins suffered a devastating blow when their captain, 41-year-old Zdeno Chara, left the game after sustaining a lower-body injury during the first period. Late in the first period, Chara went to deliver a hit on Carl Soderberg along the boards. When Chara went to deliver the hit, his left knee flexed inward which caused him obvious discomfort. The date of Chara’s return remains uncertain, and it is unlikely that he will play against the Dallas Stars on November 16th.

21-year-old Jakub Zboril will make his NHL debut on November16th for the Bruins as they recalled Zboril earlier this week to serve as an emergency defenseman.

Despite losing to Colorado, and losing Chara indefinitely, the Bruins played well considering their unfortunate circumstances. Their next game takes place on November 16th at 8:00 PM at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.