Patriots Run Over the Jets

The Patriots ran wild Sunday afternoon, defeating the once rivaled New York Jets, 27 to 13. The offense was at full force with the return of Rob Gronkowski and Sony Michel, and the Pats were able to get back on track, improving their record to 8-3.

Gronk was able to grab his first touchdown since back in week one. On three receptions, he was able to gain 56-yards in one of his better performances of the season. Julian Edelman also had a great game, with four receptions for 84-yards and one touchdown.

However, the passing game took a backseat to the backfield running this week. Running-backs Sony Michel andJames White had one of their best performances as a pair. Together, they combined for 223 all-purpose yards. Michel carried the pigskin 21 times rushing for 133-yards, while White ran 9 times for 93-yards. After a slow return, it is great to see Sony back up to speed after his minor injury. 

As for Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr., he had an average game by his standards, throwing for 283-yards with two touchdowns.  However, he did manage to become the NFL’s all-time passing yard leader in this game, once again breaking an NFL record. When asked about his record he said it was a team award like he usually does. It is just another feather in his golden cap.

Next week The Pats will host KirkCousins and the (6-4-1) Minnesota Vikings. Although their record doesn’t say it, the Vikings are very much one of the more talented teams in the league. With their win over the Packers on Sunday night, their playoff hopes are still alive. I expect a great matchup in Gillette next Sunday afternoon.