Pats outscore Vikings 24-10

The Minnesota Vikings left Gillette Stadium frustrated on Sunday night, falling to the Patriots 24 to 10. The high powered offense was stumped by the mastermind Bill Belichick. Their 10 points was their lowest scoring game since their week three loss to the Buffalo Bills.

Kirk Cousins was unable to perform in primetime only throwing for one touchdown with two interceptions. As a highly paid quarterback still trying to prove himself, this game is a very telling one. Although the Vikings are in danger of falling out of it, they are still alive in the playoff run.

The Patriots were able to breeze past this strong defensive unit rushing for160-yards and passing for 311-yards. However, it was a 10 to 10 tie all the way up until 35 seconds to go in the third quarter, until Brady hooked up with JoshGordon for a 24-yard touchdown.

The unsung hero of this week’s game was fullback James Develin. Develin was able to pound in two one-yard touchdown runs. He now has 3 touchdowns in the last three games and could potentially be considered a red zone threat looking forward.

For Tom Brady’s weekly record break, this week he rushed for his 1000th yard. One of his more funny records, but still highly impressive for a traditional passing quarterback. Next week, he looks to become the all-time leader in passing touchdowns, not a big deal for Brady.

Next week the Pats will head to Miami for the yearly late season battle against the (6-6) Dolphins. With the Patriots back at full health and having already lost 3games this year I expect them to bring their all going into the final stretch.