Dolphins Shock Patriots, 34-33

The Miami Dolphins have found a way to win yet again. With 7 seconds to go in regulation, they pulled off one of the years most shocking plays to seal another late season victory over the New England Patriots.

The Pats offense looked different on Sunday than it has in previous games. They were unable to establish much of a running game and therefore relied on Brady’s arm. Sony Michel was only able to rush for 57-yards on 20 attempts, making this one of his worst weeks as a Patriot. James White was not utilized like he usually is either, only touching the ball 6 times for 28 all-purpose yards.

However, Brady was able to handle the bulk of the offense. He threw the ball for 358-yards with three touchdowns. Brady also became the NFL’s all -time leader in passing touchdowns, passing Peyton Manning, but that moment was eclipsed by the next.

With the game of the line, and the ball at their own 31-yard line, Ryan Tannehill dropped back for one last shot at the end zone. He threw a short pass to Kenny Stills. Stills then lateraled the ball to fellow wide receiver Devante Parker. Devante Parker then lateraled the ball to Kenyan Drake.

Drake then ran the ball 50-yards for the game winning touchdown with 0 seconds left on the clock. Words truly cannot describe the last play miracle. This 69-yard game winning touchdown is the longest in NFL history with no time on the clock, and very well may be considered the play of the year.

Next week, the Pats will head to Pittsburgh to take on the Steelers in a now crucial game. Thanks to the weak AFC East, the Pats Playoff hopes are still high with a two-game lead on the Dolphins. However, the Patriots have not clinched a playoff spot just yet.