Big Bear Bergeron is Back

On December 22, 2018, I had the opportunity to go to my first ever professional ice hockey game at the TD Garden in Boston to see the Bruins take on the Nashville Predators. It was such an amazing game, and I was glad that I was able to share it with three of my closest friends. We all had an amazing day, and it brought us all closer than we were before. There’s nothing that compares to watching a professional game live, and doing it with your best friends is an experience unlike any other.

To make the experience that much more memorable, the Bruins won the game with a score of 5-2. Patrice Bergeron, who had missed the previous sixteen games with both rib and shoulder injuries, scored twice in his first game back. Bergeron also reached a milestone in his career having scored his 300th goal to go along with his two assists in the game. Bergeron took a pass from Charlie McAvoy to give the Bruins an early 1-0 lead with 4:50 left on the clock in the first period.

However, Luck didn’t go The Bruins way in the second period.  It looked like Ryan Donato had tipped a McAvoy shot past Pekka Rinne with 11:48 to go for a 2-0 lead. However, Nashville challenged for goalie interference and the goal was called back. Even when the Predators tied it at 2-2, Bergeron was able to get back on the scoreboard with an assist on the game-winning goal  from Brad Marchand. Brad Marchand also played well, scoring his twelfth goal of the season. Sean Kuraly also scored his first goal since October 13th when The Bruins played the Detroit Red Wings and beat them 8-2.

It was an incredible experience, and one I’m so glad that was able to be a part of. My friends made the experience unforgettable. I had so much fun with all of them, and I couldn’t have asked for better friends to share this experience with. It was most certainly the highlight of my Christmas vacation. The memories that we made were priceless, and were better than any Christmas gift that money could ever buy.