Is There More to the Night King?

With just four episodes left to air in Game of thrones, we are still waiting for one major piece of information. What is the Night King’s desire? Bran claimed that the Night King simply wants to erase the living altogether in episode two, and more specifically, he wants to kill Bran to erase all memory of the living. However, I refuse to believe that’s all there is to it.

One thing we know about the Night King is his need for human babies. He has been shown taking one of Craster’s sons in season 4 and turning him into a white walker with a single touch. It is known that this is how Craster survived beyond the wall for so long; by offering his sons to the Night King. When Craster was killed, the Night King stopped receiving any of the sons. This may have been enough of a reason for him to march forward towards the wall.

The Night King is possibly after one of the children that could very much be born before the show’s end. Jon and Dany’s (If Dany is pregnant), Cersei’s and Jamie’s (If Cersei is pregnant), or now even Arya and Gendry (If Arya is pregnant). If this were to be his reason and he is coming for any of these possible children, the Night King’s motives would be much deeper. The Royal blood makes for a perfect fit to rule an army of the dead in the future.

It’s also possible the Night King is Part of a family himself and belongs to one of the houses and wants to sit on the Iron throne just like everyone else. I just pray his reasoning to the madness is more than his hate towards the living and his love for death.

View Comments (1)