All Dogs go to Seven

The Patriots opened their season in style this year, easily handling the Pittsburgh Steelers 33 to 3. When thinking back on the last few matchups, this game felt different. It was never even close. Brady was able to pick apart the Steelers defense, who many media members had ranked highly this year. He threw for 3 touchdowns with 341-passing yards.

The Pats’ defense was ranked even higher before the season, and they proved why. Only allowing 3 points is nearly a perfect defensive game. They also did it without key linebacker Kyle Van Noy, who missed the opener due to the birth of his son. If this defense can stay healthy, we are in for a ride as Patriots’ fans.

Some would say it is way too early to be making predictions on who will be playing in the Super Bowl, but this Patriots dynasty is peaking. On each sides of the ball, they may have never looked so good. It is hard to believe this, especially after losing Gronk to retirement, but the new-look receiver core is deadly. Along with the depth at running back, with James White, Sony Michel, and Rex Burkhead all contributing.

Even the special teams unit is looking good with returning vet Mathew Slater running show and his new best friend Gunner Olszewski returning punts. Go Gunner, Go.

Oh, I almost forgot about the addition of arguably the sports best wide receiver Antonio Brown, who led the NFL in receiving touchdowns last year with 15. Brady to Brown has a nice ring to it that, and Patriots’ fans will love to hear. Is there a 7th championship in their future?