Red Sox lose 15-inning Battle

The Red Sox lost to the San Francisco Giants last night after a grueling 15-inning game that ended shortly after 1:00 am. This was the San Francisco Giant’s first ever win in Boston.

In a memorable moment, 29-year-old Mike Yastrzemski, the grandson of Red Sox legend Carl Yastrzemski, hit a home run during his debut at Fenway Park. The Red Sox and Giants also used a record-tying 24 pitchers combined in this six hour game.

According to CBS News, that is as many pitchers used as the Colorado Rockies and the Los Angeles Dodgers used in a September 2015 game, when they originally set the record. 

Two Red Sox players also left the game with injuries. Right fielder JD Martinez left the game with tightness in his left groin, and first baseman Sam Travis left the game after being hit in the head by a throw to third base. He had hit a triple, but his helmet had fallen off while running the bases.

Despite the Red Sox loss, this was a very memorable game. It is a game that Red Sox fans won’t soon forget!

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/giants-red-sox-tie-record-for-most-pitchers-used-and-other-things-to-know-about-san-franciscos-first-ever-win-in-boston/amp/