Miami Massacre

Miami+Massacre

If there was any hope left in the Miami Dolphins after being beat 59 to 10 by the Baltimore Ravens last week, the New England Patriots came and ripped their hearts out. It was almost hard to watch. As time passed, the Dolphins continued to make mistake after mistake, ultimately until time ran out and the scoreboard read 43 to 0. 

The Pats defense made it look easy, picking off Ryan Fitzpatrick four times. Pats’ linebacker Jamie Collins was responsible for two of them. Collins was once considered one of the better linebackers in the league, and after leading the team in tackles week one, and now with two interceptions in week two, he could be returning to LB glory.

Another Pats standout on defense was Adam Butler. Butler had 3 tackles and 2 sacks after being picked up as an undrafted free agent back in 2017. (Not a shock to most football fans) Butler will now be seeing more playing time, with former Pats’ defensive linemen Trey Flowers down in the depths of Detroit. 

Sony Michel had a bounce back week rushing for 85 yards and a touchdown after his struggles last week. Tom Brady and Antonio Brown got their first game action together and were able to hook up for a touchdown, which looked fairly easy. Brady targeted Brown on his first throw of the game, and if Brown is on the field for the rest of the year, he will be seeing the end zone quite often. Other than that, Brady was able to spread the receptions pretty evenly throughout his receiving corps. 

Next up on the Pat’s path of destruction is the nosediving New York Jets, or should I say the Le’veon Bells? Jets QB Sam Darnold is out with mononucleosis and back up Trevor Siemian is out for the year. The Jets are now down to their 3rd string quarterback, Luke Falk. Good luck Luke.  

View Comments (2)