Bruins are the real Stars of the Season Opener

The Boston Bruins won their first game against the Dallas Stars last night for a fantastic opening to their NHL season. Brett Richie, who formerly played for the Dallas Stars, but now plays for the Bruins, got the offense going early on in the game.

He scored his first goal as a member of the Bruins on his first shot just over a minute into the game, giving the Bruins a 1-0 lead. Later on in the first period, Danton Heinen kept the wicked good times rolling when he beat Ben Bishop on a power play to score again for Boston.

There was a scary moment in the second period where Stars’ defenseman Roman Polak crashed into the boards pretty hard, and had to be taken off the ice on a stretcher. Polak was taken to the hospital in order to undergo further evaluation. According to The Dallas Morning News, he has full use of his extremities and appears to have avoided a potentially catastrophic injury.

Shortly after the injury, Roope Hintz scored Dallas’s only goal of the game. The Stars stood tall, but the Bruins came away with the win. It was a good night for  Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask who made 16 saves in the third period alone and 28 overall.

In the end, the Bruins had a solid start to their regular season, and appear to be filled with promise for the upcoming NHL campaign! Their next game is tomorrow night at 9:00pm against the Arizona Coyotes.