Pats Hold Off Skins

The Patriots advanced to 5-0 after their win on Sunday against the Washington Redskins. The final score was 33-7 Pats. If it wasn’t for one special run by Redskins’ Steven Sims Jr., it most likely would have been another blowout. Sims Jr. broke free for a 65-yard TD run early in the game to give the Redskins some hope. However, that would be the only points they saw.

Tom Brady is about halfway to looking back to normal after his upsetting performance in Buffalo, throwing for 348-yards and 3 touchdowns. I say halfway because he also threw a questionable interception. Looking forward I’m sure he’ll limit his riskier throws, especially with this defense on his side. Getting the majority of these yards was no other than ole reliable, Julian Edelman. He had 8 receptions for 110-yards, and a touchdown. Sony Michel had a day as well, rushing for 91-yards and a touchdown.

The Patriots defense looked almost perfect again, adding another interception to their name and recording 5 sacks. Devin McCourty was unable to keep his interception streak alive; or was he? Twin Brother Jason McCourty was there to keep the family name alive, he picked off Colt McCoy with 52 seconds left in the first half. This lead to a field goal, which gave the Pats a 5-point lead going into the half.

Kicking that field goal was the newly signed Mike Nugent. A veteran to the league but a rookie to the Pats Nation. Nugent missed his first point after attempt, but was able to make the rest of his attempts after dealing with the butterflies. He finished with 2 field goals and two extra points. A great sign moving forward. Hopefully his confidence will grow a bit higher each week until the playoffs roll around. He is in a position to be the league’s best kicker as we’ve seen with previous Pats kickers.

Next week the Patriots will be back home to take on the New York Giants. The competitiveness of this game really revolves around whether Saquon Barkley plays or not. He is to most, the best all-around back in football and has game changing abilities. If he plays we might see another decent football game, and if not, I don’t see how the Giants have a chance.