The Return of Gronk?

The Return of Gronk?

As fellow fans, we thought our hearts were forever broken when Rob Gronkowski officially announced his retirement from the NFL. Then, they were restored when we found out that he was going from being on the field to in front of the camera. Gronk is now a new NFL analyst for Fox News.

At first, I didn’t really think this was a good idea. This past week, he was reporting for the Patriots, the team he used to play for. In these circumstances, of course Gronk is going to be biased in his analysis. I have no issue with that, but in the rules of sports broadcasting, many fans would.

His debut was on Thursday night with the Patriots facing the Giants. In my opinion, he did a very good job. He sounded formal in a very “Gronk” fashion and brought a new perspective to the booth. He also used his knowledge from the field but did not sound like a player anymore.

Something else happened while Gronk was talking Thursday night. The idea of the “door being open” came up. This inferred that Gronk might come back to play, but he’s not sure if or when that would happen. According to Robert Kraft and multiple other reporters, his retirement papers are not fully signed. I would love for him to come back to the team so that him and Tom Brady can be the dynamic duo again. That brings up so many questions, but not enough answers.

Gronk can’t do this to us!