Ghost-Gate

Ghost-Gate

Monday night in New York was one of the more humiliating games in recent NFL history. The final score was 33-0 in favor of the New England Patriots. This game will be remembered right next to the legendary butt-fumble game back in 2012. The New York Jets were bullied for four quarters right in their own stadium. It was a thing of beauty to Pats’ fans and an absolute nightmare to the poor, poor Jets fans.

Jets’ quarterback Sam Darnold will be losing sleep over his performance. He finished the game 11/32, threw four interceptions, and fumbled once. That means the Patriots defense now has 18 interceptions through seven games. Devin McCourty intercepted Darnold on the Jets second offensive play of the game, bringing his season total to five interceptions, the most by any player in the NFL.

Tom Brady was able to move the ball quite easily down the field throughout the game, leading to three Sony Michel punch-in touchdowns. However, they did not perform to their max potential. Brady threw for 249-yards and one touchdown. Even though they were able to put up 33 points, there is definitely still room for improvement.

With Josh Gordon being sidelined, Brady was able to use a variety of different options as he threw to eight different receivers. Tight-end Benjamin Watson had a great first game back as a Patriot. Watson had three big catches, two of them being 3rd and 4th down conversions. He also had a key block that paved the way for Michel’s first touchdown.

The Patriots have just added another option for Brady. Mohamed Sanu Jr. was just traded to the Patriots from the Atlanta Falcons for a second-round pick. Sanu is a 6’2, 210-pound receiver that should give the receiving core the boost they need to make up for the loss of Antonio Brown and Rob Gronkowski.

Next week the Patriots will head back home to take on Baker Mayfield and the crumbling Browns. The Browns have had quite the disappointing start to their season with a record of 2-4. The 7-0 Patriots aren’t exactly the best team to have in front of you when you are desperate for a win, especially at Gillette Stadium.