The Body Project: Why Your Body Is Not the Enemy

What does the “perfect woman” look like? Society says she is naturally beautiful, thin but not too thin, thicc but not too thicc, has clear skin, a big butt, slim waist, big boobs, etc… 

Despite what most women are told, this is the “appearance ideal,” not the “perfect woman.” Even the most beautiful women in the media are edited to fit this ideal because they aren’t beautiful enough to reach society’s high standards.

To learn the truth about the expensive costs of trying to reach the appearance ideal, how to discourage the pursuit of the appearance ideal, and learn how to love your body every step of the way, visit The Body Project.

The Body Project leads workshops on campus for girls that want to love their bodies in a society that does not let them or want them to. Many girls involved have reported an increase in confidence and love of their bodies. The workshops may be helpful to even more students. All women are welcome. 

Students involved in The Body Project

Through this experience, students will gain the tools they need to deconstruct the appearance ideal, as well as receive a t-shirt and a bracelet!

When fulfilling the unrealistic appearance ideal is a girl’s priority, they are chasing a finish line that doesn’t and shouldn’t exist. 

The Body Project will be running workshops all year, so keep an eye out for emails, and be open to learning about why your body is not the enemy.

Contact @[email protected] @[email protected] or @[email protected] for more information.