Selena’s New Songs

Selenas New Songs

On October 23, 2019, Selena Gomez came out of the shadows and released two new songs called ‘Lose You to Love Me’ and ‘Look at Her Now’. She has been in hiding due to the spotlight being too much and using the time to find herself; as well as pushing through her heartbreak with Justin Bieber. Throughout it all, she finally accomplished her goal: loving herself and not needing someone else in her life. She portrayed her emotions in these two new songs.

The first song is called ‘Lose You to Love Me’. This song is more of a soft ballad that portrays passion and emotion from Selena. People believe that this song is about her on and off relationship with ex-boyfriend, Justin Bieber, due to the lyrics talking about how toxic the relationship was and how it ruined her. But she has transformed into a stronger person. Every girl should listen to this song because it symbolizes hope for people in toxic relationships that don’t deserve what they are going through; that if you love yourself, someone else will too.

Selena’s second song is the complete opposite of the first. The title is called ‘Look at Her Now’. It is extremely upbeat and empowering for women. It is believed that this song is about Justin as well, but not in the same way. The lyrics talk about how she “dodged a bullet” and that she’s so much better where she’s at now without Justin in her life. Look at her now is a more sassy song and about Selena lifting herself up rather than singing about the hardships of finding herself. This song is the perfect jam for when someone needs to feel confident about themselves after being in a toxic relationship for so long, like she was.

Both of these songs display powerful messages, that every woman should follow. No one deserves any pain. Everyone should love themselves because we only have one body and mind to live through, we should treat it the best we can.