Ravens Defeat Patriots, 37-20

Ravens Defeat Patriots, 37-20

Lamar Jackson may finally be given the respect he deserves after leading the Baltimore Ravens to a 37-20 victory over the previously undefeated New England Patriots. Lamar Jackson is having an all-time season as a rushing quarterback and has shown the world his once in a generation talents. He is being compared to the great Mike Vick for the showcase of skill he is displaying this year.

Jackson was able to display his talent all night on Sunday. He rushed for 61-yards and two touchdowns while also passing for 163-yards and one touchdown. The Ravens’ offense is based solely around him and his abnormal abilities. Many of the plays in their repertoire are drawn up to compliment his style.

However, not all the credit can be given to Lamar Jackson. Ravens running back Mark Ingram is also a key piece to their offense. Ingram rushed for 115-yards on 15 carries, including one rush that went for 53-yards. Ingram is a former Heisman winner and has been an above average back ever since he got to the league,. He cannot be overlooked.

Looking forward, the Pats will go into the bye week with a record of 8-1. Although Belichick would much rather have went into the bye undefeated, one loss is not going to be the defining moment of this season. The good in their season outweigh the bad as it stands.

Maybe this was a good thing. The Boogeymen were seeing success like no other before this game. Maybe this will set them back on the ground and give them a bit of a reality check. If not the Boogeymen, we do know that one person is especially frustrated with the outcome of this game. Tom Brady was seen highly frustrated on the sideline during the game, nearly throwing the Microsoft Focus used to study coverages. Angry Tom is the best Tom.

Following the bye, the Pats will head to Philadelphia to take on the Eagles: the perfect redemption game going into the second half of the season.