Celtics Continue Their Hot Run

The Boston Celtics continue to win as they defeat the San Antonio Spurs 135-115 as they improve to (7-1) for the year. It was a very spread out scoring night for Boston as they closed out their road trip. While the Celtics got hot, the Spurs went cold. San Antonio struggled to find consistent scoring and the Spurs two best players combined for only 25 points as Lamarcus Aldridge scored just three points. The Celtics led this game from the early first quarter.

The Celtics were thrilled to have Jaylen Brown back and healthy. He contributed a healthy 30 points to the game. His improvement from last season is very noticeable, he looks very comfortable when dribbling and driving to the basket. He also seems to have added a lethal mid-range jump shot this offseason.

Marcus Smart and Kemba Walker combined for eight three pointers in the win, while also adding some solid defense on the San Antonio guards. Walker is continuing to be a great leader with this young Celtics team. Walker is an extremely unselfish player who looks for his teammates to succeed as much as he does.

The Celtics looked like a very well-run team last night, playing nearly flawless basketball. The Celtics are at their best when they are passing the ball and looking for the open man with the best shot. Relying on one player will make your offense predictable and easier to defend. They can have a guy like Gordon Hayward go cold for a night and have someone else step right up and fill the void.

The Celtics head back to Boston for their next game against the Dallas Mavericks. They play on Monday night at 7:30. The Mavericks are a good young team that should give the Celtics a good challenge.

Second year center Robert Williams III showed up big time on Saturday night. He has looked like a raw prospect with a lot of athleticism. Last night he locked down the paint recording six blocks in the game. He also added eleven points and eleven rebounds. All of those stats are career highs. Williams has to play well with the C’s other center hurt in Enes Kanter.