Celtics lose tight game in Indiana

The Boston Celtics lost a close one to the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday night. The Celtics had a lead in the third quarter but failed to keep it for the rest of the game. Kemba Walker did just about all he could to keep the C’s in the game.

Walker scored 44 points to go along with 7 assists. This was his best game as a Celtic. Unfortunately, it was not enough to get the win.

Jaylen Brown played one of his best all around games of the season. He shot 7-12 from the field, scoring 18 points. He added 8 rebounds and 8 assists to go along with his efficient shooting. The C’s could have used him late in the game but he fouled out.

Jayson Tatum had a cold shooting night but still managed to score 16 points. He shot 30% from the field. The Celtics really could have used some more consistency from him in a close game like this.

Gordon Hayward, in just his second game back from injury, had to exit the game after a hit to the face by Doug McDermott. If this team wants to make a serious run in the playoffs, Hayward is going to need to stay healthy.

Brad Wanamaker had to step up late in this game as the players who normally close games out were not available. Marcus Smart was out, Hayward got hurt, and Jaylen Brown fouled out. Wanamaker scored 12 points off the bench to go with his 6 rebounds.

The Celtics have a quick chance to get a bounce-back win they play on Thursday for their second night of a back to back. They take on the Philadelphia 76ers in Boston. They lost on opening night to the Sixers. This will also be former Celtic Al Horford’s first game back in the TD Garden after leaving in free agency.