Kansas City wins the Super Bowl

We have a champion. The Kansas City Chiefs have won the Super Bowl, defeating the San Francisco 49ers 31-20. The Chiefs were down 10 at one point and came back to win the game. It was a thrilling game up until the very end of the fourth quarter. The Chiefs offense prevailed over the niner’s defense. Pat Mahomes was named the Super Bowl MVP after throwing for 286 yards and 2 touchdowns.

The 49ers didn’t waste much time as they kicked a field goal in the mid-first quarter to break the scoring open. The Chief offense was almost held scoreless in the first half until Pat Mahomes ran for a one yard touchdown.

In the second quarter, the roles reversed as the Chiefs kicked a field goal and the 49ers scored a touchdown. Kyle Juszczyk caught a touchdown from Jimmy Garoppolo to tie the game at 10-10. That’s how it stayed going into halftime.

The 49ers seemed to take control as the second half moved forward. They outscored the Chiefs by ten as Raheem Mostert powered his way into the end zone towards the end of the third quarter.

Mahomes and the Chiefs went on to score 21 unanswered points in the fourth quarter. Travis Kelce scored the first touchdown of the comeback. He opened up the gates for Damien Williams to score a pair of touchdowns including the dagger to make it a two possession game. After Jimmy Garoppolo threw his second interception of the game, the Chiefs just had to knee the ball and they were Super Bowl champs.

Another great Super Bowl game is in the books. Pat Mahomes and coach Andy Reid both got their first Super Bowl wins. Mahomes struggled for most of the game, but turned it up a level in the fourth quarter, including a 44-yard pass to Tyreek Hill, which eventually led to the Travis Kelce touchdown.

The 49ers offense just didn’t have the ability to keep up with the Chiefs, and their defense couldn’t keep the big plays to a minimum. Jimmy Garoppolo had the chance to mount a comeback but fell short after he missed Emmanuel Sanders on a deep ball that could have locked the game up for San Francisco.

Mahomes and Garoppolo are both likely to be back in the big game at another point in their careers as they are two young shining stars.

That caps off the 100th NFL season in an exciting way. The NFL will be back in August!