Patriots Fourth Quarter Comeback

The Patriots avoid a five game losing streak as they beat the now 0-8 Jets. Nick Folk drilled a 51-yard field goal as time expired. The Patriots now move to 3-5 for the year. 

Cam Newton had a great bounce-back game after struggling the last few weeks. He was extremely efficient throwing the ball, completing 77% of his passes. His 4th quarter was very impressive, for he led the team down the field for a field goal with just about 6 minutes left in the game, bringing the score to 27-20. 

The Jets got the ball back, and on the first play of the drive, Joe Flacco tried to air it out, but the ball ended up in Patriots cornerback J.C. Jackson’s hands. Cam Newton, again, led the Pats down the field and he capped off the drive with his second rushing touchdown of the game. 

The Patriots defense, who had struggled for the majority of the game made a huge stop and forced the Jets to punt the ball after having possession for just about a minute. 

The Patriots put together an impressive drive with three timeouts left. Newton ran for a first down, and hurried up the team to spike the ball with eight seconds left in the game. He then completed a pass to Jakobi Meyers, which put them in field goal range. And Nick Folk came through in the clutch and won them the game. 

This was an incredible game for Jakobi Meyers. The second year receiver put up career highs across the board. He caught 12 passes for 169 yards. He was exactly what the Patriots needed with Julian Edelman and N’keal Harry out with injuries again. 

The Pats look to carry some momentum into a tougher matchup next week with the Baltimore Ravens