In 5…4…3…2… The iCarly Reboot

The iCarly logo. Image source: YouTube
The iCarly logo. Image source: YouTube

A reboot of iCarly is in the works, that will be on Paramount Plus with the original cast. Miranda Cosgrove, Jerry Trainor, and Nathan Kress will be back on television. Writers Jay Kogen and Ali Schouten have signed to create a new version of the record-breaking series.

The cast of the original show. Image source: mtv.com.

This will forever be a Nickelodeon show, but due to the pandemic the goal for different shows and movies is to be part of streaming apps. Viacom CBS and CBS All Access will be rebranding to Paramount Plus early 2021. Their goal is to expand the apps horizons and have more original shows from Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, and so much more.

The app also added 800 episodes from different children’s series. Paramount Plus will become a competitor with Netflix and Disney Plus.

From L-R: Sam (Jennette McCurdy), Freddie (Nathan Kress) and Carly (Miranda Cosgrove). Image source: teenvouge.com

This iconic series will be released sometime in 2021. All celebrities have confirmed about the reboot, except for Jennette McCudry, who played Sam Puckett and Noah Munck, who played Gibby. Jennette is very focused on her podcast as of right now, and Noah has currently not made a decision as to whether or not he will join.

We all hope that changes in the future and have everyone back together. Bring on the “Random Dancing”!