December’s RA and Maintainer of the month

Image+credit-+iStock.+
Image credit- iStock.

RA of the Month: Jack Moriarty

RA Jack Moriarty

Jack Moriarty is the head Resident Assistant for Lammers Hall. As a returning RA, Jack has demonstrated extremely high work ethic, charisma, and empathy for the residents. Jack is always willing to go above and beyond in his role. He thrives on community building and genuinely enjoys spending time with residents. His caring quality has played a pivotal role in helping to create a community of support in Lammers Hall. Additionally, Jack has an infectious attitude that fosters positivity and upliftment in others and serves as the quintessential mentor for the new RAs. Also, his approach to balancing the role of an RA is expertly done, as he both thrives in the community building aspects of the role along with upholding University policies.   

Jack’s selflessness is another one of his outstanding traits. Since the semester began, he has voluntarily hosted passive programs, which are programs that RAs host outside of their expected quota for the semester. His humility is also noteworthy, as despite his success, he constantly works hard to improve his craft as a student leader. He is pensive in his actions and always seeks help when necessary. He has a strong drive and desire to succeed in his role, and combining this with his other attributes makes Lammers Hall and the Residential Life department very fortunate to have him as a member of the staff. Thank you, Jack, for being an exceptional student leader and an exceptional person. 

Maintainer of the month: Karen Johnson  

Maintainer of the Month: Karen Johnson

Karen is Courtney Hall’s third floor maintainer and a fan favorite amongst the students and staff of the hall. She not only keeps her floor in tip top shape, but has a fun and friendly relationship with the residents that makes for a strong community and some comedic stories that rival any good college sitcom. Her love for Courtney Hall comes through her work and interactions with everyone inside of it and we could not be more grateful to have her as part of our hall family. Thank you for all of your amazing work!