Kanye SNL and Yandhi Recap

A wild few weeks in the life of one Mr. Kanye West has resulted in the deletion of his Twitter and Instagram accounts. Kanye’s erratic behavior, support of President Trump, and prolific musical output has generated a constant flow of news and controversy. In 2018, Kanye has produced albums for Teyana Taylor, Nas, and Pusha T and released two albums, Ye and Kids See Ghosts with Kid Cudi, along with a single with Lil Pump, I Love It. 

Kanye is looking to add to this output with Yandhi, his forthcoming album. Yandhi was initially set to drop on September 29 immediately following his performance on the season premiere of SNL. Amidst a chaotic, controversial appearance on SNL, Yandhi did not appear. Kanye performed I Love It along with Lil Pump, in a performance that was generally regarded unfavorably. Performances of Ghost Town, with 070 Shake, and We Got Love, with Teyana Taylor, which is set to appear on Yandhi, followed. The night ended with controversy as Kanye took the opportunity to go on a Pro-Trump speech, where he called for the abolition of the 13th Amendment, accused the Democrats of putting black fathers on welfare, and said, “’How could you like Trump? He’s racist.’ Well, uh, if I was concerned about racism, I would’ve moved out of America a long time ago.” 

The speech was not aired by SNL but was recorded by comedian Chris Rock. It was condemned by many celebrities including Chris Evans and Lana del Rey. SNL cast member Pete Davidson, appeared on Weekend Update in the next episode, and finished his advice for Kanye by donning a “Make Kanye 2006 Again” hat. 

Kim Kardashian, reality star and Kanye’s wife, revealed on Twitter that the album’s new release date would be November 23, assuring fans with “TRUST ME it is worth the wait.” Yandhi is expected to feature numerous artists, including controversial figures such as 6ix9ine, who has been involved in numerous legal issues including pleading guilty to use of a minor in a sexual performance, and the late XXXTentacion, murdered this year and accused of assault and battery of a pregnant women. Miami-Dade police arrested XXXTentacion, given name Jahseh D. Onfroy, on October 6, 2016 with his police report accusing him of punching and kicking the alleged victim. 

In the meantime, those looking for more news must look outside of Kanye’s social media. Whether or not Kanye keeps to his November 23 deadline, controversy is sure to follow.