Patriots 38 Dolphins 7

The Patriots were in hot water after two straight losses in weeks two and three, but came ready to play against a 3-0 Dolphins squad. After a low scoring and tight first quarter, the Pats held a 3-0 lead after a Gostkowski field goal. Brady threw an early interception, however, the Dolphins were unable to capitalize on the opportunity.

From this point on it was all Patriots. Cordarrelle Patterson started the big win with a 56- yard touchdown reception. This was no normal catch though, this was the longest touchdown reception of the Patriot’s season and Brady’s 495th touchdown pass, tying for 4th all time in touchdown passes.

A bad snap and turnover by the Dolphins then led to an easy one play 22- yard touchdown run for James White. From here on out it was business as usual for the Pats. Although the Patriots offense was firing on all cylinders, scoring 38 points, the Defense was the star of the show. After struggling for the first three weeks allowing 20 or more points per game, they held the Dolphins scoreless until about three minutes left in the game.

The Patriots offensive success was all thanks to the stellar run game and breakout performance from Sony Michel, the Patriots 2018 first round draft pick out of Georgia. He ran for 112 yards on 25 attempts with one touchdown. As Michel continues to settle into the offense here in New England, he could be a major factor while complementing James White, who also had a great game with two touchdowns.

Looking forward, the Patriots have more than a couple things in their favor. The return of Julian Edelman, aka Slottie Pippen, aka The Flying Squirrel, is upon us. His presence on the field is game changing.

One last upside to this game was the activation and participation of Josh Gordon. Although he only had two catches for 32- yards, just seeing him on the field is a great sign considering his off the field issues for the past 6 years with the Cleveland Browns.

When he is playing he is one of the league’s best talents. As he continues to learn the playbook and develop a relationship with Brady he very well could have a 10+ touchdown season. Hopefully Brady’s healthy habits will rub off on him sooner rather than later. This being said, after this performance the Patriots look like they are ready for yet another playoff run. The Patriots will host Indianapolis Thursday night in Foxboro.