Daredevil Season 3: What We Can Expect

Wilson Fisk is back, and all hell is about to break loose in Hell’s Kitchen. Marvel’s Daredevil returns to Netflix this week with season three, a season that is already shaping up to be Matt Murdock’s toughest season yet.  

Although Daredevil has been on hiatus since 2016, Charlie Cox’s infamous blind hero has not shied away from other Marvel series, appearing alongside Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist in 2017’s The Defenders. It was here that fans last saw Daredevil as he fought to save New York City from the Hand by heroically sacrificing himself.  

Or so fans thought. The final scene of the limited series teased his survival and eventual return as the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen. This ending leaves most of season three open to numerous possibilities.  

The biggest surprise season three has to offer will be the return of Fisk, AKA Kingpin himself, Daredevil’s original nemesis. This season see the crime boss freed from prison early in order to deviously spin the narrative.  

Fans can expect to see Daredevil in his darkest storyline yet, facing off against Fisk in a New York City turned against him, manipulated by Fisk’s pull on the media. As well, Daredevil will have to face his losses from his last appearance in The Defenders, losing both his mentor and love interest, as well as his commitment to his life as just Matt Murdock.  

Season three is already holding a number of questions for fans, such as how Foggy and Karen, two of Daredevil’s closest companions, will come to terms with the fact that Matt Murdock isn’t dead. On top of that, how they will deal with what looks to be Murdock’s full commitment to Daredevil.  

But the biggest twist fans can expect to see will be Kingpin’s partner, Bullseye. The fan favorite character has been a longtime rival of Daredevil in the comics with a mysterious background. Here, Bullseye is a FBI agent corrupted by Wilson Fisk himself.  

Daredevil has been Marvel’s most successful Netflix show to date, as it is both the first and longest-running iteration of the beloved character. The show comes after the 2003 movie adaptation starring Ben Affleck, which came from a time where Marvel had not made a name for itself as the biggest, most successful comic franchise in the world.  

Daredevil season three premieres Friday October 19 on Netflix.