Another Royal Baby

Kensington Palace announced Monday, October 15 that newly married Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, are expecting their first child together in Spring of 2019. Many had been speculating the potential pregnancy for a while now, but it only grew larger after Markle was seen at Jack Brooksbank and Princess Eugenie’s wedding wearing a loosely fitted coat. Of course, almost every media outlet was writing, tweeting, and posting about the new royal baby on the way, debating what Markle would be wearing during her pregnancy, how it would differ from Kate Middleton’s pregnancy, and how she would incorporate Princess Diana’s style. 

Prince Harry and Markle tied the knot on live television for the world to see back in May, but their love for each other was displayed long before that. The two were set up on a blind date by a mutual friend back in July of 2016 and hit it off from the jump. They kept it quiet for a while, but of course with Harry being a prince there is never privacy in his life. After secretly dating for about six months, Prince Harry sent out a statement in November of 2016 confirming his relationship with Markle. Nearly a year later, the couple announced they were engaged and would be getting married in the spring.  

They have had their fair share of troubles that have been aired out for all to see since it was even rumored that they were a couple. Markle’s father and sister were seen in interviews with several different newspapers leading up to the wedding. Whether it was trash talking the royal family or making assumptions about the roles that would be played in their wedding, they always seemed to find their way into the limelight. Since the announcement of the pregnancy, Markle’s sister has apologized for the terrible things she had said in the past and has said her father is very happy to hear about a new grandchild. 

Whether it is a boy or a girl, the new royal baby will not be taking an official royal role like their cousins, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis of Cambridge.  Prince Harry and Markle want their child to live the most “normal” life as they possibly can which might be hard since they come from royalty, but either way it will be a loved baby, prince or princess.