Patriots Outlast Chicago, 38-31

The Patriots extended their winning streak to four games on Sunday, defeating the Chicago Bears 38 to 31. This marks the fourth game in a row that the Pats have scored at least 38 points or more.

On the first drive of the game, the Patriots drove down the field and scored in only eight plays. It was a perfect start. Sony Michel got it going early with a great run and screen pass, each going for 10+ yards. Early in the second quarter though, he fumbled and was taken out of the game due to an apparent knee injury.

Losing Michel will be a huge blow considering the numbers he has been putting up lately. Despite that, James White was able to pick up the slack, rushing for 40 yards and receiving two touchdown passes. White now has a team leading six receiving touchdowns on the season.

The Bears kept it close for the majority of the game, and even held the lead for a bit, but just couldn’t get it done. Mitchell Trubisky, the Bears second year quarterback played well throughout the game. He threw for 333-yards with two touchdowns and ran for 81-yards with one rushing touchdown. A performance like this is something to be proud of, however he went on to throw two interceptions in crucial moments which ultimately cost them the win.

The Special teams unit for the Patriots played out of their minds Sunday on, scoring two touchdowns. Once on a 95 yard redemption kick return from Cordarrelle Patterson (who had fumbled earlier in the game), and again on a blocked punt that was returned for a touchdown by Pats’ linebacker Kyle Van Noy.

On the last play of the game, Trubisky chucked a Hail Mary at an attempt to potentially tie or win the game. The 55- yard pass was completed, but receiver Kevin White fell one-yard short of the end zone; a true heartbreaker for the young quarterback.

Next, the Patriots are headed to Buffalo to take on the Bills mafia on Monday Night Football. The 2-5 Bills have been struggling recently so I don’t personally see any trouble for the Pats. I expect an easy win in this AFC East matchup.