Night At The Opera

Saturday, Oct. 27 students from the class Music Theatre Workshop put on a show comprising of scenes from multiple popular operas.

Participants were in full costume and makeup, scenes were choreographed and multiple lighting directors were needed; the production was a massive feat for the students.

Most of the performers had never sung operatically before. However, you would not have been able to tell if you did not know beforehand.

Titles including “Marriage of Figaro”, “Barber of Seville”, “Old Maid and the Thief”, “Orpheus and Eurydice”, and “Cosi fan Tutte” were performed in Italian by singers Lizzy Judycki, Emily Stratton, Audriana Cruz, Skyler Acconcio, Angie Rodriguez, Eveline Rossi, Brian Hailes, John Quigley, and Parker Black.

An ensemble piece from Henry Purcell’s Dido and Aeneas united their voices in chilling beautiful harmony. Two intense songs from Jack Heggie’s modern opera Dead Man Walking blew the door off of the auditorium.

Spectacular costume realizations, instrumental accompaniment thanks to Scott Bailey and two string players, and emotional performances made the night at the opera a success.