Wild & Scenic Film Festival On-Tour

Join the Westfield River Watershed Association as they host The Wild & Scenic Film Festival On-Tour, April 22 at 7:00PM on WSU’s Dever Stage.

This event is free and open to the public. Celebrate the environment through approximately two hours of short films, which will inspire and remind audiences about the importance and beauty of the planet through science, true stories, and adventure.

Each January, the South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL) holds the main Wild & Scenic Film Festival in Nevada City, CA. over 5-days to feature 150+ award-winning films and 100+ guest speakers, celebrities, and activists.

The SYRCL is a watershed advocacy group that has organized the festival for 17 years, inspiring people to come together and advocate for the Earth through film, music, workshops, and guest speakers.

The Wild & Scenic Film Festival On-Tour is a selection of films from SYRCL’s. festival, bringing them to over 200 communities worldwide. Inspiring activism through film, the festival is able to spark growth in the worldwide community of environmental groups and advocates.

The Westfield River Watershed Association is a local watershed advocacy group who aims to protect the Westfield River Watershed and surrounding areas. They provide education on watershed environments, protect watersheds, and promote responsible recreation, use, and appreciation of these environments.

Light refreshments will be served, as well as raffle prize opportunities. Donations are accepted, and appreciated with a suggested donation of $3.00 for students and $5.00 for the public. Doors open at 6:30PM, showings start at 7:00PM.