Cornhole for a Cure

The WSU Department of Public Safety will be hosting their first ever “Cornhole for a Cure” event Oct. 30 at 6:00 pm in the Scanlon Banquet Hall. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Real Men Wear Pink Campaign for the American Cancer Society to help find a cure for breast cancer.

Breast cancer effects both men and women, which is why men have been recruited to fight breast cancer through Real Men Wear Pink. They are a group of community leaders determined to raise awareness and money to support the American Cancer Society’s mission.

Every dollar raised helps the American Cancer Society supports early detection, prevention, research, and patient support.

Lieutenant Bernie St.George recently became involved with the campaign by speaking with our very own Dispatcher, Tony Colacarro and wife, Anne. Anne works for the American Cancer Society and used her knowledge about the cause to help put this event together.

Since October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month, they collaborated and came up with the idea of a corn hole tournament, “Cornhole for a Cure.”

The Campus Activities Board has partnered with Public Safety in order to bring this event to the campus community. WSU’s radio station, WSKB, will provide music and create a lively atmosphere for everyone. There will be prizes and plenty of give-aways during the event. 

It is $15.00 per student team of two and $20.00 per non-student team of two to enter. The first ten teams to signup will receive a gift. The online ticket sale will end on Oct. 30 at 3:00 pm, to order your tickets visit http://westfield.universitytickets.com

You can also register your team at the event with cash, check, or credit card. People can donate directly by going to the RMWP of Western Ma. Facebook page.

The goal is to spread awareness, get people involved, and raise over $2,500 from this event.  Lt. St. George is hoping that this will become an annual event.