RA of the Month

Image+credit-+iStock.+
Image credit- iStock.

Starting in October of this year, there will be an RA and Maintainer of the month! This month’s awards go to Orialys Delgado for RA of the month, and Dulce of Courtney Hall for Maintainer of the month! A special thanks to RA Assistant Director, Mario Richards for this great idea!

RA of the Month

Orialys Delgado, first-year resident assistant in Davis Hall. Image credit: Orialys Delgado.

If sunshine could be personified as a person, it would be Orialys Delgado.

Orialys serves as a first-year Resident Assistant in Davis Hall. Orialys is passionate and committed to her role as she shows concern and respect for each student she encounters. She plans meaningful and educational programs for her residents, which motivates and empowers them.

Orialys is an outstanding example of an individual who is able to balance several responsibilities along with her academics, which is quite the challenge. To exemplify how exceptional of a Resident Assistant she is, her residents always make a conscious effort to always be around her and even visit her at the front desk while she is working to just converse with her and sometimes to get answers to their questions. She has made such a strong, unyielding impact on her residents’ lives.

Additionally, she has been a great support system for both her residents and fellow staff
members, academically and socially. Orialys has participated in and created programs for her residents that are extremely creative and challenge them to analyze their way of thinking. She never backs down from a difficult task and always rises to the occasion.
Orialys Delgado is a joy to be around and her friendliness and positivity go a long way in making Davis Hall feel like home to many residents.

Thank you for all of your amazing support, Orialys!

Maintainer of the Month
Dulce is the first floor maintainer and supervisor of Courtney Hall and never fails to put a smile on the faces of residents and staff. This is her first year working in the residential halls and the students could not be happier to have her around.

Her first priority is always keeping her section spotless and ensuring that the residents have whatever help they need to feel at home in her section. She is always the first to start a conversation with residents and brighten up their day.

Thank you for all of your amazing work, Dulce!