Travis Scott’s Astroworld Disaster, 8 dead.

Travis Scott and Drake performing at Astroworld on the fateful Friday night. Image source- @astroworldfest on Instagram.

8 people dead, 25 hospitalized after Travis Scott’s 3rd annual Astroworld festival Friday night results in chaos from crowd surge, according to Houston officials.

All 8 victims have been identified, ranging from ages 14-27. The 13 out of the 25 are still hospitalized, with one victim as young as 10 years old in critical condition.

Madiline Eskins, who attended the concert described to CNN that she was “being squeezed from all directions and felt pressure on her chest and back. When she started having trouble breathing, she asked her boyfriend to tell her son ‘she loved him’ before she lost consciousness.”

Multiple videos have become viral through social media apps of people shouting to “Stop the show”! Travis Scott did pause the show to get security to take care of someone who passed out, but then continued on with his set. 

An add for the November 5th performance. Image source- @travisscott on Instagram.

His set was eventually cut until 10:10, when the performance was originally supposed to end at 10:45.  

“It was like a concert from hell”, another person who attended, Zachary Scott told ABC 13. 

There have been many narratives about what caused the crowd surge, with Houston’s Fire and Police departments getting involved.

Houston Fire Chief, Samuel Pena told CNN that security and all medical components were extremely overwhelmed with how fast the night turned for the worst. 

Saturday night, the Houston Police Department Chief Troy Finner came forward to talk about the narratives being shown on social media. 

One of them being that someone was injecting drugs into other individuals. 

Finner said, “We do have a report of a security officer according to the medical staff that was out and treating him last night. That he was reaching over to restrain or grab a citizen and he felt a prick in his neck.” 

He proceeded to inform that the medical staff revived the security guard with narcan and did notice a small prick in his neck. 

Another reason was brought to attention that many injuries were due to people being trampled. 

Travis Scott, his girlfriend Kylie Jenner, and the Astroworld account have displayed their condolences to the lives lost on social media, and the second night of the festival was cancelled. 

The statement issued by Travis Scott and his team following the disaster. Image credit- @astroworldfest on Instagram.

Now Travis Scott and LiveNation are being sued for over 1 million dollars for all damages they have caused.

This has now turned into an ongoing criminal investigation involving homicide and narcotics.