Fortnite Chapter 2

Fortnite Chapter 2

After 10 full seasons of Fortnite, Epic Games finally decided to hit a soft reset button on the Fortnite universe. On Sunday, October 13, a game wide event left the battle royale map in destruction. All players were left with was a constant black hole and no information from Epic. For Almost two days, the black hole stayed until about 4AM ET on October 15, when the servers went offline.

That server maintenance brought with it a new chapter to the storied battle royale. Instead of Season 11, players got Chapter 2, Season 1: A new beginning for Fortnite.

The most immediate difference is a new map for the player base to explore and get accustomed to. The new island includes 13 new locations and a revamped look to much of the environment.

The game and the map are also far more interactive now as a result of the new seasons. Mechanics such as carrying an ally, swimming, fishing for loot, and exploding barrels are only some of the new additions that players will find as the fight for their first victory royale.

Of course, a new season means a new battle pass as well, and the fully detailed list of cosmetics is sure to please the players. The experience system was also overhauled for a more streamlined battle pass.

Fortnite Chapter 2 is certainly still Fortnite. The same core mechanics are there; along with familiar weapons and locations. However, this is likely the biggest change players have seen in two years and it’s worth catching up on everything new on offer.

View Comments (1)