February’s RA of the Month

Image+credit-+iStock.+
Image credit- iStock.

RA of the Month– Zia Meyer

Anyone would be lucky to have Zia Meyer as their RA! As the 4th floor RA of Dickinson Hall, Zia cares about each student’s well-being, which is evident by her thorough communication and attention to detail. She builds community in her hall by sending personal program invites and holding section meetings to get to know everyone’s personality. Her interactions with students and other members of the staff are always considered, timely, and engaging. She is approachable and shows compassion to anyone having a bad day. If she is not the person to be able to provide assistance in a situation, she makes sure to provide the right resources.

Zia’s programs are always carefully planned. Earlier this semester, she held an event for Chinese New Year, where she shared with students a little about her heritage and the traditions that accompany the holiday. She handed out traditional red envelopes with goal coins, which represent the tradition of presenting these red envelopes to others for good luck. She also provided students with the opportunity to make traditional paper lanterns. 

It has been a pleasure to work with Zia on the Dickinson Hall staff. Thank you for being a great team member! 

View Comments (1)