March: RA and Maintainer of the Month

Image+credit-+iStock.+
Image credit- iStock.

RA of the month- Abby Higgins

Abby and her dog!

Abby Higgins is the quintessential embodiment of the phrase “go with the flow.” Regardless of the unfamiliarity of the situation or difficulty, Abby will find a way to adapt and make it work. As a mid-semester RA, Abby had a smaller window of time to familiarize herself with the intricacies of the position. Additionally, Abby is on the Women’s softball team, and has still been able to grow quickly into the RA position, as well as balance her other priorities. There are many reasons one could cite to explain Abby’s impressive adaptability, but one that stands out is her astounding ability to manage her time. As an RA, this is a crucial trait to possess, as it is needed to create a balance between excelling as a student and a leader.

Along with excelling in the administrative tasks, Abby also has a strong aptitude for community building. Her section constantly raves about her approachability, and her RA programs thus far have been exceptional. Abby is also a very hard worker, as evident in her recent RA program that took place as soon as she came back from a softball game. Finally, Abby is keen on self-improvement, and will always seek help if necessary and ask questions to ensure that she can serve as a great RA.

Abby has made a seamless transition into the Lammers staff, and her individual qualities have helped in upholding the already strong community of Lammers Hall. Abby stepped in mid-semester, and has not missed a beat. Instead, Abby has been a strong addition to the amazing Lammers RA staff, and the Lammers family is grateful to have you on board.\

Maintainer of the Month- Bernadette Jemiolo

Bernie pictured with students in Davis Hall

Bernadette Jemiolo, affectionately known as “Bernie,” has worked at Westfield State University for over 30 years. Every day, Bernie shows how amazing she is in her role.

As the head maintainer of Davis Hall, Bernie is always willing to help out wherever she is needed. She radiates positivity and love throughout the building and is never negative. Bernie is a joy to be around every day and is adored by the students! She works tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure that the building’s needs are met and that students have smiles on their faces. Her ongoing commitment to Davis Hall and its students has made her an invaluable part of our team.

Thank you for all you do Bernie!!!