‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’ Released on Friday

Taylor Swift released her long-awaited re-recording of her album Red on Friday. 

The singer has plans to re-record all of her albums through Reputation in order to have ownership of her music. In addition to Red, she has released re-recordings, or “Taylor’s Version”, as she calls it, of her album Fearless and her song “Wildest Dreams”. 

Swift does not currently own the rights to her old albums and therefore does not make money off of them. She has decided to re-record her old music to regain ownership of it. 

Red features all of the songs from the original album, plus nine new songs that didn’t make the album the first time around. This includes a ten-minute version of the song “All Too Well”.

Swift also featured four other artists on the album. “Snow Patrol” singer Gary Lightbody re-recorded his part on “The Last Time”. Ed Sheeran performed an updated version of “Everything Has Changed” with Swift as well as a new song titled “Run”.

Indie singer Phoebe Bridgers joined Swift on a new song called “Nothing New”, and country singer Chris Stapleton is featured on “I Bet You Think About Me”. 

In addition to the album, Swift also released a short film to go along with the ten-minute version of “All Too Well”. The film stars actors Dylan O’Brien and Sadie Sink. The song, as well as the short film, are rumored to tell the story of Swift’s relationship with actor Jake Gyllenhaal.

She also performed the song as the musical guest on the most recent episode of Saturday Night Live.

Swift also released a music video for the song “I Bet You Think About Me” on Monday. The video starred Swift and Miles Teller and was directed by actor Blake Lively. 

While the singer has not announced what her next re-recording will be, some fans have speculated that it will be her album Speak Now.

Red (Taylor’s Version) is available on all streaming platforms.